My Blog List

My Blog List

Sunday 22 January 2017

Makeup, The first bunch of new stars.

After what seemed like an eternity of terrain building it was a nice change to paint up a few models, so 10 new stars have been over to the makeup department.
Panama Jack for when he's around town,
You guys where hoping you'd seen the back of him right ?
The models are all from Copplestone Castings,
& have a nice bit of detail.
They sell their model's in set sadly but as their not very expensive it's not really a problem
if you end up with a model you don't want in the set you do want.
The male's are from the their Kiss Kiss Bang Bang range in a set of 3
while the female's are from their Back of Beyond range in a set of 4.
These 4 are the Bolshevik's
with the 3 below, I am still awaiting the arrival of the 4th are from Adventurer's
 The sharp eye'd among you might have noticed that some of the model's are painted in such away that they might be one & the same.
You would of coarse be correct, the reason for this will become apparent in time.
One of the great thing's about painting this lot up
is that their all different model's
Needless to say that all of this was more washing then painting as is my way.
Back to the lads now
 This lad I actually had got to paint as there is no way to do a white wash
 well not an model man at least, why do a man in a white suit then you ask?
well he turn's up in so many movie's that I just had to.
Been metal model's there was a bit of work to do so that I could put them on clear bases, but well worth it me thinks.

That's a rap for this post, as always my thanks for dropping in & if you'd care to leave a comment it would be welcomed.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Preacher, I've got to say they where very different from what I'm use to painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As with your Panama Jack, I find that with my main characters, I need 2 or 3 variations to cover combat/non-combat/misc situations.
    Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Will, yep that's the plan going forward to have a couple of different models for each of the main characters.

    ReplyDelete